Appreciation

There are so many stories that need I need to write, and so little time. Here's one from today.

A client called to tell me she was moving back home to be closer to her family. She first came to our clinic about 9 months ago. A recent stroke survivor, she had some difficulty communicating and with her memory, although I could understand her without any trouble.

Her first time in the clinic, she was looking at her phone to write down her address on the client info sheet, and she couldn't remember her phone number. After helping her search through her phone, I finally just texted myself from her phone so we could get the number and write it in the chart. It was a small thing to me, but she thanked me and apologized for being a 'nuisance.' I told her it really was no trouble. I saw her dog a handful of times and enjoyed every visit.

A few days ago, I learned of an impending backorder on a medication her dog needs. I called her to let her know she may want to acquire a bit of a stockpile, since the medication is essential for her dog's continued health. After 3 or 4 phone calls later, we got it straightened out and I called in a large quantity to her pharmacy.

Today, she called me to let me know she was moving away again.

"I'm not sure if I told you the other day," she said, "but I'm moving back to ___."

I replied, "Oh, thank you for letting me know. It was a pleasure knowing you and let me know if I can help you with anything."

She said, "I want to thank YOU. I want you to know I appreciate YOU. You are the only person I am calling in California with this news. If I ever come back I will be sure to come and see YOU. Thank you for all of your help."

I am so honored that she felt strongly enough about this to call and tell me. It was really wonderful to hear and made my day. I will be sad to see her leave our practice because she is such a nice lady and I like her dog also. But I'm happy she will be moving closer to family. Live long and prosper, E.


Comments

Popular Posts