I wish these were April Fool's Jokes

Receptionist: "Hi, its been a month since we saw Mr. Kitty. We're calling to remind you about his senior bloodwork, which you were unable to do at his appointment."
Ms. Priority: "I can't afford bloodwork for my cat right now, I'm getting a new tattoo."
         
        -------------> for more info, see post describing cannot afford vs. will not afford

---

Guy walks in, new client, no appointment. Old dog in the crook of his arm.

Receptionist: "How can I help you?"
Owner: "My dog is having trouble getting all of the poop out."
R: "Ok, would you like to make an appointment with the doctor?
Owner: "No, I don't want to see the doctor. I just need you to tell me what is wrong."
R: "Here is the information for the emergency clinic."

---

A lady walks in with her dog in the afternoon complaining that her cat scratched him in the eye. As it turns out, she had called that morning.

Receptionist: "Good Morning, how can I help you?"
Can'tPayHerBills:  "Hi, my cat scratched my dog's eye, and I thought it was going to be okay, but now he can't open it."
R: "Ok, that sounds like something that needs to be seen. What time can you bring him in?"
C: "I don't have any money. Can't you just give me something to fix it?"
R: "No, you'll need to see the doctor. Our exam is $X, and after that we will give you an estimate--"
click 

Later that day, the door opens.

C: "Hi, I called earlier this morning about my dog's eye?" {dog urinates on books in lobby}
R: "Ok, we can see you, but since you didn't make an appointment we will have to charge you a walk-in exam."
C: "That's fine, my friend is paying for this visit.
R: "Oooh..."

After I've spoken to the woman and diagnosed a large corneal ulcer, a conversation during which she said several rude and contradicting things, I walk outside to tell her about it. She is sitting in our courtyard on her iphone smoking a cigarette. She looks at me, so I begin to speak.

"Hi, so -"

She actually holds up her index finger in order to stop me from talking. She continues her conversation regarding going out with her friends to get drinks later that night.

I turn tail, walk back to my office, and proceed to sit there for 20 minutes while I cool down. By the time I felt like going back to talk to her, she had left.

The absolute nerve of this woman, walking in on someone else's dime and doing all of the things she did, left such a bad taste in all of our mouths. I will never understand how some people can behave the way they do. Shameful.


All names and identifying details have been changed, and any resemblence to actual persons or events is purely coincidental.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments boost my dopamine levels.

Popular Posts