Goals

The End of another year.

This year held many challenges for me, and I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. There were some very good things and some terrible things, not all of which I have shared publicly.  In February, for example, I fell off my horse and landed on a metal fence, breaking 2 vertebrae and dislocating a rib. I am completely healed physically, the mental and emotional healing took a long time and I am still not completely back to where I was with my confidence level. But I also paid off my student loan this year in one large lump sum, so that was a wonderful thing in terms of stability and getting a huge burden removed from my shoulders. Then I had my very first girls trip with my best friends, and while on that trip, one of my cats had a tragic medical condition occur and had to be euthanized without me.

I got to travel to three new states this year, taking my total to 25 states. That's only 24 more to go! (Sorry North Dakota, there's nothing there I need to see ;)) But two terrible fires ravaged the area I live in and came close to my house and burned down my horse's barn. Even though they were terribly scary, we did not lose any life or material. But then we lost another cat due to cancer. We have our health, a beautiful child, excellent jobs, and we have accomplished so much. Enough that after my mother told me on my birthday that she hoped that all my dreams come true, I realized, they have. So that - that is amazing.

So based on that realization, I've been thinking about setting some new life goals and what those should be.


New Year's Resolutions
- Plan healthy family meals and try to actually eat them as a family.
- Find time to do yoga and stick to it regularly.
- Improve quality time with my daughter
- Visit family and friends I haven't seen in awhile



Short Term Goals
- Learn more about finances and retirement saving, plan a retirement age and work toward that goal
- Relax more and accept that down time is important self care

Long Term Goals
- Find time to do art again regularly, perhaps create a business around it
- Travel more
- Retire financially stable to do all we want to do

I wish you all health, happiness and the ability to accomplish all you want to and more.
Best,

Comments

  1. Travel to ND. I live here (really) and the Badlands are worth seeing. You'll always wonder what you missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How random that one of my nine readers lives in ND! Will do and I’ll let know when I’m coming :)

      Delete
    2. Come in the summer, it's better that way!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments boost my dopamine levels.

Popular Posts